If you are seeking to RENEW a Starter Kit cover or any other level of cover all you need to do is click on the RENEW ONLINE button and purchase a new year of cover quickly and easily.
It takes only a few minutes to do online with no fuss.
Starter cover begins at just £60 a year
If you are new to The Military Mutual why not just click on the BUY ONLINE button now and choose from our 3 levels of cover starting from just £60.
Be on cover and protected in literally just a few minutes
You can also call us on 0208 142 9260 but it really is very quick and easy online!!
Our Military Kit Cover includes:
- £20,000 legal liability cover for damage to MoD living quarters
- £1,000,000 personal liability cover
- From £5,000 up to £15,000 cover limits for personal belongings
- From £750 to up to £1,500 cover for a mobile phone
- From £5,000 up to £15,000 cover for service uniforms, kit and equipment
Military Kit Cover
There are three levels of cover to choose from – Starter, Standard and Standard Plus and cover starts from just £60 a year. You also have the option of paying monthly.
Why Choose The Military Mutual
- The Military Mutual is run by military people to help support people in the armed forces
- The Military Mutual is owned by its Members: people who serve or have served, their families, and the wider military community
- Experienced, friendly UK based team to help you with your enquiry
- We’re a Mutual which means we have no shareholders; any future surpluses belong to our Members and can be used to support military-related causes
Who Provides Your Cover
The Military Mutual offers cover on a discretionary basis to its Members which means the Board can, at its discretion, settle claims outside the normal terms and conditions if they feel that Members would support this.
All contributions collected from our Members are used to pay claims and to cover operating expenses. Any surplus beyond this belongs to our Members and can only be used for the benefit of our Members or as agreed by our Members.
We Protect What Matters to You
We understand the value of your military kit – it goes everywhere you go, and you’re responsible if anything is damaged or lost. That’s why we offer cover for your kit, as well as your personal belongings and valuables, so you never need to worry about the financial side of things if you run into trouble while at home, abroad or away on deployment.
We offer 3 levels of cover to suit your cover needs and your budget: Starter, Standard and Standard Plus.
- Military kit, personal belongings and valuables anywhere in the world
- Up to £1,000,000 personal liability cover
- Up to £15,000 cover limits for personal belongings
- Up to £20,000 legal liability cover for damage to MoD living quarters
- Up to £6,000 for any one single item of military kit
- Holiday cancellation cover for military personnel e.g. if sent on deployment
What’s Not Covered
- Damage arising from wear and tear
- Mechanical or electrical failure
- Deliberate loss or damage caused intentionally by you
- Any loss, damage, liability, cost or expense of any kind caused directly or indirectly by war, invasion, revolution or terrorism – this should be covered by the MoD
“Telephoned Military Mutual today after receiving their leaflet through the post and I am glad i did, i was speaking with a very pleasant young lady Sasha who set up my home and contents insurance very promptly and at a very reasonable price.”A. Perry
“I have received the payment, thank you so much for all your help, you’ve been really helpful and I’m very pleased that I picked such a good company for my home cover!”K. KerridgeHome Insurance customer
“I appreciate The Military Mutual helping out an ex-serving member. It’s nice to see a company that helps out the military and ex-military personnel.”CD, Midlothian (ex-Army)Buildings & Contents Cover
“I sent an email in the morning and got a call back in the afternoon. After a good, interesting and informative conversation I have happily taken out a policy, and will come back for a car insurance quote as and when.”DB, Gosport (ex-Royal Navy)Home & Contents Cover
“I found The Military Mutual to be prompt; you rang us today as you said you would. The people I spoke to were courteous, and gave me very competitive prices. I cannot fault you!”GJ, Manchester (ex-Army)Home Cover
“The Military Mutual has given me an outstanding quote. I am truly impressed on how superb the service is and I will recommend The Military Mutual to everybody who asks me.”GS, London (currently serving in the Army)Military Kit & Personal Belongings Cover
“I follow The Military Mutual on Twitter and I think that it’s really good that you look after military personnel. You answered all my questions and explained all of my options. I had an A1 service from the people I spoke to.”DH, Gosport (ex-RN)Home Cover
“Very friendly and helpful. Great product, price and service. Highly recommend.”MS, Devon (ex-army)Home Cover
“I would like to take this opportunity to congratulate you on your colleague Steve’s professional and courteous manner in which he dealt with me on the phone. After saving £90 on my Home Insurance renewal I will have no hesitation in recommending your company to my friends and colleagues!”Mr Gary D
Frequently Asked Questions
If you’ve completed an application form, you’re covered as soon as you sign it. If you’re purchasing Military Kit Cover over the phone, cover will start at the date you request, which can be the day of purchase.
There are no admin charges and no additional or hidden costs.
You can cancel the cover at any time. If you cancel in the first 14 days and haven’t made a claim, we’ll pay back your full contribution. If you cancel at any other time, and have paid your contribution in full and haven’t made a claim, we’ll refund the unused part of your contribution.
We’ll contact you at least 21 days before your renewal date to see if you wish to continue with your cover.
The cover is available even if you are under 18.
The standard excess is only £50, which means you pay the first £50 of any claim.
Cover summary has a section called ‘Unauthorised use of mobile phones’ with a starter limit of £250. What does this mean?
This covers you if someone makes calls on your mobile phone without your authority. The limit on ‘Starter Cover’ is £250.
We understand as part of military life you’re often on the move which can mean experiencing loss of or damage to your belongings whilst travelling. Our Military Kit Cover protects your kit, personal belongings and valuables whilst they are in transit.
Yes, if items you own or are responsible for are accidentally lost or damaged they are covered. Please note that general wear and tear and mechanical breakdown aren’t covered.
Does the excess increase if the claim is as a result of damage in transit or because items were stolen from my car?
No, but if you leave items unattended in your car they must be locked out of sight in the boot or locked in a glove compartment. Leaving items on display or hidden under a coat will only attract the attention of thieves.
Most of the time it’s us you’ll speak to but sometimes we appoint a loss adjuster who’ll help with your claim. Our claims team understands the needs and the lifestyle of HM Forces so you don’t have to explain how your job can have an impact on claims reporting and responding to our letters and emails.
- If you need to make a claim please report your claim by telephone to 01204 860427 or 0121 4110535 (out of hours assistance) or report a claim by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If an item is lost, damaged or stolen, you’ll need to show that the item was yours (such as a receipt, serial number, crime number, photographs)
- Within 5 days of making your claim, if it’s agreed, you should receive a replacement, or money straight into your bank account
- If the item is repairable, this will be arranged within 7-10 days (parts dependent) and the repaired item returned to you
A minimum excess of £50 applies to claims under Sections 1 to 4 of cover. For Section 2, legal liability and occupier’s liability, the excess only applies to claims for damage to property. The excess is the amount you pay towards the cost of a claim. Home Emergency and Family Legal Protection are provided by DAS Legal Insurance Services Limited. An excess of £250 applies to claims for legal nuisance or trespass.