Together we’re Stronger
As a mutual we’re owned by our Members. Because we don’t have shareholders who expect to be paid dividends, any future surpluses can be used to re-invest in products and services and support the wider military community.
However, you don’t have to be in the armed forces to be a Member or take out Car Insurance through us. If you support our armed forces and believe they do a great job, you’re welcome to join us.
When you take out Car Insurance through us, you automatically become a Member of The Military Mutual, which means you can have a say in how the business is run, if you want to.
Why Choose The Military Mutual
- Available to everyone, whether you’re serving, a veteran, a pensioner, a family member or a proud supporter of our armed forces
- Experienced, friendly UK-based call centre
- We’re a mutual which means we have no shareholders; any surpluses belong to our Members and can be used to support military-related causes
We Protect What Matters to You
Our cover includes:
- Approved repairer courtesy car
- Windscreen replacement cover*
- Child seat cover*
- Legal expenses for motor-related incidents up to £100,000
- 24/7 access to legal helpline
- Car cover abroad for up to 60 consecutive days*
* Terms and conditions apply: see policy wordings for full details. You can find the policy wordings below.
Special Considerations for Those Who Serve
- Cover while you’re on a military facility or base
- Laid-up cover if vehicle unused during your deployment*
- Rebate on your return from duty if vehicle unused and put on laid-up cover*
- No extra charge for living in a military postcode
- No extra charge for having a military occupation
“Telephoned Military Mutual today after receiving their leaflet through the post and I am glad i did, i was speaking with a very pleasant young lady Sasha who set up my home and contents insurance very promptly and at a very reasonable price.”A. Perry
“I have received the payment, thank you so much for all your help, you’ve been really helpful and I’m very pleased that I picked such a good company for my home cover!”K. KerridgeHome Insurance customer
“I appreciate The Military Mutual helping out an ex-serving member. It’s nice to see a company that helps out the military and ex-military personnel.”CD, Midlothian (ex-Army)Buildings & Contents Cover
“I sent an email in the morning and got a call back in the afternoon. After a good, interesting and informative conversation I have happily taken out a policy, and will come back for a car insurance quote as and when.”DB, Gosport (ex-Royal Navy)Home & Contents Cover
“I found The Military Mutual to be prompt; you rang us today as you said you would. The people I spoke to were courteous, and gave me very competitive prices. I cannot fault you!”GJ, Manchester (ex-Army)Home Cover
“The Military Mutual has given me an outstanding quote. I am truly impressed on how superb the service is and I will recommend The Military Mutual to everybody who asks me.”GS, London (currently serving in the Army)Military Kit & Personal Belongings Cover
“I follow The Military Mutual on Twitter and I think that it’s really good that you look after military personnel. You answered all my questions and explained all of my options. I had an A1 service from the people I spoke to.”DH, Gosport (ex-RN)Home Cover
“Very friendly and helpful. Great product, price and service. Highly recommend.”MS, Devon (ex-army)Home Cover
“I would like to take this opportunity to congratulate you on your colleague Steve’s professional and courteous manner in which he dealt with me on the phone. After saving £90 on my Home Insurance renewal I will have no hesitation in recommending your company to my friends and colleagues!”Mr Gary D
Frequently Asked Questions
To be eligible for a car insurance policy with us, you must be aged between 17 and 79.