The giving and receiving of gifts is a magical part of the festivities. Why not surprise your friends and family with some of our fabulous gift ideas and support a military charity in the process?
We’ve compiled just a small selection of our favourite gift ideas, from a number of military charities. For more inspiration, we’ve also provided you with links to the charities, so you can see how your donations can make a difference. Happy shopping!
- A boxed silver-plated corkscrew with holder, engraved with the RAFA crest. A gift for wine lovers and supporters of the Royal Air Forces Association – £13.99
- Men’s Running Vest with Combat Stress logo – £15
- Soldiers’ Charity Watch and Heritage webbing strap with a classic military design – £125
- Bomber Command Whisky – a limited edition single malt Scotch whisky commemorating the members of the RAF aircrew who perished in the Second World War – £49.99
- Spitfire Cufflinks – a gift for those who have a love of RAF aircraft – £15.99
- Pictures From Far Away – a photographic record of the Falklands War in support of The South Atlantic Medal Association 1982 (SAMA) – £12.50
- Tri-stripe Jersey Onesie – fun, warm and comfortable to wear on a cold night – £35
- The Mountbatten Festival of Music 2015 CD featuring the Royal Marines Band. In aid of the Royal Navy & Royal Marines Charity – £10
- Ladies Silk Scarf in the colours of Blesma – suggested donation of £15
- SSAFA Ladies Brooch with cubic zircona stones – £15.50
- Poppy Folding Umbrella compact and stylish, you can fit it into your handbag for all occasions. In support of the Royal British Legion – £17.99
- Poppy Red Leather Purse with plenty of room for cards and small change. This gift idea is in support of the Royal British Legion – £12.99
- Bomber Command Teddy Bear with badge and kit bag is a gift to be cherished for life. Sold in support of the Royal Air Forces Association – £35.99
- Eggsplode Tank Egg Cup & Toast Cutter – making breakfast fun for the fussiest of eaters – £6.99
- Child’s Coveralls – for those muddy outdoor adventures – £29.99
- My Daddy is a Hero T Shirt is made from 100% cotton – £10
- Black Medium Poppy Notebook – great for making lists or copying down notes during lessons – £12.99
- Bear Tin With Jellybeans – a sweet treat and a great stocking filler with the Help For Heroes insignia – £7.50
For Secret Santa (gifts £5 or under)…
- A handy key ring and trolley disk supporting The South Atlantic Medal Association 1982 (SAMA) – £2.50
- Hounds for Heroes dog tags can be used as jewellery or a key ring for humans or a means of identity for your pet. – £3
- Brew for the Few Mug in aid of The RAF Association – £3.49
- A Combat Stress Ball Pen with comfortable rubber grip. Available in red, light blue or navy – £2
- Royal Naval Benevolent Trust Tea Caddy to store your favourite tea – £4
- Wildflower Poppy Seed – fill your garden with the colourful, delicate flower of Remembrance, in support of Stoll – £5
A list of the Military charities named above and where you can find out more information:
- The South Atlantic Medals Association 1982 was formed in 1997 to support veterans of the Falklands war.
- Hounds for Heroes provides fully trained assistance dogs to injured members of the Armed Forces and emergency services across the UK.
- The Royal Navy & Royal Marines Charity is the number one charity for the Navy. It plays a key role in supporting naval personnel and their families throughout their lives.
- The Royal Air Forces Association actively supports both serving and retired RAF members and their families in times of need.
- Combat Stress a the leading veterans mental health charity in the UK provides support to ex servicemen and women suffering from a whole range of mental health issues.
- BLESMA – helps veterans who have lost a limb to regain their independence and get the most out of life.
- The Royal Naval Benevolent Trust is there to support serving and veteran sailors, Royal Marines and their families.
- The ABF Soldiers’ Charity – provides support to serving and retired soldiers and their families throughout their lives.
- The Royal Air Force Benevolent Fund – provides support and welfare to past and present members of the RAF and their families.
- Stoll housing and helping veterans – founded originally in 1916, provides help and welfare support to ex-servicemen and women in need.
- SSAFA provides emotional, financial and practical support to serving and veteran members of the Armed Forces and their families.
- Royal British Legion offers life long support to those who have served or continue to serve in the Armed Forces and their families.
- Help For Heroes – offers direct support to wounded, injured and sick servicemen and women.