To start your Military Kit & Personal Belongings Protection Claim
0800 088 2285

How to report a claim

First check your protection wording and summary to make sure that what you want to claim for is included.

When you contact us we can help you faster if you follow our 7 Point Checklist below and collect the key facts for making a claim

  • Your membership number
  • Your preferred contact telephone number
  • Your address
  • Time and date of the incident or when you discovered it
  • Description of what happened and what caused it
  • The action you have already taken (such as informing the police)
  • How much you think the claim will cost

Who to contact

By telephone on 0800 088 2285

By email to

For claims under Legal Protection

Call Legal Protection on 0330 100 7902

Our claims handlers are available between 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday


We will make sure we keep in touch regularly but if you want to check how your claim is proceeding, please call us on

0800 088 2285

Our 5 Most
Frequently Asked Questions


Car: What are the age limits for a Military Mutual car insurance policy?

To be eligible for a car insurance policy with us, you must be aged between 17 and 79.

52 people found this helpful.


Home: What is my excess in the event of a claim?

Our buildings and contents cover has a compulsory excess of £50. You can voluntarily increase the excess up to £500 in increments of £50. Subsidence cover is set at a standard £1,000 excess.

Our legal nuisance and trespass cover provided by DAS as part of our Family Legal Protection cover has a set standard excess of £250.

31 people found this helpful.


Home: What is accidental damage cover?

Accidental damage is sudden, unexpected, unintentional physical harm that destroys something reduces value, usefulness or normal function. An example would be spilling red wine on your carpet, or accidentally reversing into your garage door.

Accidental damage is an optional extra on our Standard home cover product, and is included on our Standard Plus cover.

30 people found this helpful.


Home: What is home cover?

Buildings cover is there to protect your home including its fixtures and fittings in the event of a claim.

Contents cover is there to protect your personal belongings and valuables in the event of a claim.

For your convenience we offer combined or separate buildings and contents cover to suit your needs.

24 people found this helpful.


Car: How do I amend or cancel my car insurance policy?

Easy – just give us a call on 0800 088 2283 and let one of our agents know what you’d like to change.

19 people found this helpful.

Have a specific question?
Call our UK call centre free on

Monday to Friday: 8am – 8pm
Saturday: 9am – 6pm
Sunday & National Bank Holidays (Closed)



Get a quote Request a callback